I hate it when people comes to me and complains non-stop over somebody is having bad behaviour and expect me to do something about it.
Don't get me wrong. I don't hate the person who complains or the person who did the bad behaviour. It's just that been there done that thingy that I hate to revisit. It's a pain, an extreme pain that is.
One person complains to me about the juniors having too long lunch hour, to the extend of exceeded the allocated 1 hour; and they go out in big group. I don't go out for lunch often and I like to dine alone, so I'll normally be back in office within 30 min if the lunch place is a short distance away. So, after too many times hearing the same complains over and over again, I asked the people not to eat lunch too long, or going out in big group and gave the reasons. It backfired, and I was at the receiving end of the stick. I'm labeled "the petty woman" and "the nanny". It hurts. Hurts so badly that I told my boss I want to quit from the company.
That one person who complains don't see it, and even have the guts today to tell me to reflect on my style. What style? That that person's people-style is nobler that mine? I'm OK if that one person wants to be the "moral manager", because I don't like to go through the pain of being ostracised. Let that one person take over and tell the juniors and other team members how to behave, because I dislike to go to the "misbehaved" person and say 'hey please wash your hand after using the toilet' or 'please close your mouth when you cough'.
No comments:
Post a Comment