Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Mission Trip - West Kalimantan

I've just returned from a mission trip to West Kalimantan. It was really an eye opener for me, personally. I don't know what's in the head of other members, but I'm sure have a lot to talk about the trip.

The pastor told us that we are not going to serve God, rather, we are there to seek God. I agreed with her. I have another friend who went to mission trip before and said the same thing to me. She went into mission trip to seek God's plan for her life. I think that's supposed the way anyone who wanted to go for any mission trip.

Honestly, I think I saw and learnt 2 things during the mission trip. First, the people I met throughout the trip. Second, my own team members' attitude. There are so much excitement, amusements and weird things that I saw in them. I snapped 11 rolls of film, and 4 video tapes. I'll be spending this week compiling into CDs the unedited version. Hopefully the edited version for the trip will not exceed 2 CDs (2 hours) and will be ready in 2 weeks time.

I think I'll post my day by day thoughts in a separate posting. It'll be a diary for the trip, and perhaps I will open that postings to public.

No comments:

Post a Comment